Zone 9 Cycling Group
The Zone 9 Cycling Group are currently looking for a new coordinator as Pam Wignall is standing down as coordinator for now due to other commitments, though she will still be involved in the group. If anyone is interested please email us here.
The group who were formed back in 2020 have largely achieved their initial objective of raising cycling on the Chesham Town Council and Bucks Council agendas and get Chesham voices heard.
With the help of Local & Bucks Councillor, Jane McBean, and tireless work by the various members of Zone 9, including Richard Dunn, Phil Harrison, Pam Wignall and Trevor Brawn, the following steps have now been achieved:
– Meeting in late 2021 with Ben Feeney-North (Bucks County Transport Representative) and Jane McBean with regard to Local Active Travel plans.
– Agreed a strategy to enable engagement with consultants for provision of a Chesham Active Travel plan. Four consultants selected, with two positive replies with quotes.
– Further meeting 22/03/2022 with the same group. Outcome of meeting – joint response to quotes to be responded to by Phil/Richard/Trevor by end of March; next phase is to meet with consultants and generate an Active Travel plan.
– Funding – successful bid for funding from Bucks Chesham Community Board to pay for the Active Travel Plan.
– There is a potential shortfall in the bid at present; Jane McBean is looking for ways to find this required shortfall, so awaiting further information on this.
– Noted role of Group might shift towards encouraging feedback from local cyclists, as consultants
would be taking forward plans and developing this with Bucks CC (if funding found as above).
– New co-ordinator will be needed since Pam has stepped back due to other commitments.
CONGRATULATIONS & THANKS TO THE WHOLE ZONE 9 TEAM FOR THEIR FOCUS AND COMMITMENT TO THIS GREAT PROJECT TO RAISE THE PROFILE OF CYCLISTS IN CHESHAM AND IMPROVE THE CYCLE NETWORK LOCALLY.